Friday, May 27, 2011

Funny Friday -May 27, 2011

We've had a fairly peaceful few days around here.  I am grateful for that.  I'm still feeling overwhelmed by life in general.  Let's face it -I have a really big job that doesn't pay worth a damn and doesn't get much respect.  My mom says my rewards will be in heaven.  At this rate, I may get there sooner than I think.

Every mom knows there are so many details to take care of.  I spent this entire week running in circles, taking care of everyone else's little details.   Doctors appointments, a dental appointment, hair salon (for mom, while I put my own hair on hold for a week) endless grocery shopping, dog groomer, cleaners, the bank, the nail salon --helping Mom prepare for her trip.  I make endless phone calls and research programs and camps for the boys.  Then I try to figure out how we can afford to make it all happen.

Don't tell me men don't have periods...cuz hubby was certainly on his this week.  It's really hard to be the loving wife when my Gemini husband is in full fledged alternate personality.  We are both stressed.  He has a lot of responsibility with his job and the finances of taking care of this family.  I guess it can't always be a honeymoon.  I find myself pining over a young couple at Starbucks.  I think...Wow! Wouldn't it be nice to be young and in love, having fun with no responsibilities?!" I guess I have to get my fix of that by going to the movies.  Real life is no romantic comedy! At least not these days.

Instead of writing about the depressing subject I call my life, I thought we would lighten things up a bit.  On my Facebook Community Page friends, Aspergers moms, dads and a few Aspies  stop by, hang out, chime in on discussions and even share funny stories.  I thought I would share one of them here.

Elena who has 3 children (one with Aspergers) writes:
 Please tell me if this is a normal conversation... cuz I feel like I'm losing it:


"how was your day cutie?"
"great, my teacher said I behaved beautifully... I deserve a slurpee... but I think McDonald's is better."
"well, maybe later.."
"you want me to die of starvation"  
"no, I said, maybe later" 
"if I don't have it now, I will die" 
"I'll miss you if you die"
"I'm sitting in the car until you take me, but know that I might be dead when you decide to"
"I would like you to come in and if you must die, I want it to be in my bed while I lie next to you" 
"you don't care if I die" 

"yes, I do, but come on, I'll give you a piggy-back ride" .... (we go inside)

"G, would you like some movie theater butter popcorn?"

 "sure mama, I'll die another day" 

I don't know about you but I thought this was hilarious.  Probably because I have had similar dramatic conversations with my boys...especially Red.  It's so good to know that I'm not alone.  I wish we could all get together and have a few good Aspergers laughs.  This community Facebook Page is the next best thing.  Please come join us and feel free to comment or post  your questions for discussion or feedback or just share your own funny stories.

Here's one more from Elena for the road.  Her stories are so funny she should have her own blog.  She say's she would rather share here:


g3 calls me from school whenever he wants... this morning's call..
"hello mama, just calling to tell you I colored my tongue with a pink marker.." 
"well cutie, why would you do that?" 
"to make my tongue more colorful, of course... don't worry though, I used a washable marker... asalaam alaikum.." *click* ...


I need your clicks below! PLEASE HELP keep me in the top 25!  If you didn't know...you have to work to enjoy this blog!  Just click...that's all you're done! 

Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory